Saturday, August 15, 2015

Stitch Fix: What's the Fuss All About?

Anyone that knows me knows I have a LOVE for fashion and clothes. I always have.  Even as a little girl, I would go to my grandma's house and she would take me to the Gainesville Mall to shop at Limited Too. I loved all the cute clothes!!

In middle and high school I looked forward to back to school and Christmas shopping, homecoming, Easter, Prom, Graduation and Honors Day/Night because it was an excuse to buy new outfits!

So it makes perfect sense for me to LOVE Stitch Fix.

If you haven't heard of Stitch Fix, let me give you a quick rundown:

You start by filling out your style profile. This helps your stylist determine your size, taste, budget, likes and dislikes.  They give you examples of outfits and you say wether you "love It, Like It, Don't really Like It or Hate It." 

You then tell them how "adventurous" you want to be with your fixes.

For instance, my profile kinda reads that I prefer business casual due to my job, that my dresses need to be knee length, I would rather not show cleavage, I my budget is X amount, I prefer petite sizes if they have them and that I don't mind being adventurous every once in a while but I would rather stick to my preferred tastes. (of course there are other more specific details as well....)

Also, you can request specific patterns, clothing pieces or themes (i.e. Blazer, denim vest, maxi dress, romper) or something for a special event ("I am going to a wedding.") in notes to your stylist.

Then you schedule your fix and excitedly wait!!! (You can schedule your fixes for how frequent/in frequent you need to :))

When you receive your StitchFix box you will have 5 items (clothing and/or accessories) chosen based on your style profile. You also receive a note from your stylist. (I get more excited about my Note than anything I think!!) The note has a styling card attached to it with ideas of how to wear the items.

My 5 Items!


My Styling Card with Styling Suggestions for my Fix items!

You then have 3 business days to decide what you want to keep and send back!

I usually try on and "play dress up" with similar styles they recommended!

Photo Credit: Norah Kate Thompson
My Skinnies and turquoise top in my August fix


They send you a pre-postaged bag so you can seal up and just drop the items you don't want to keep right in your mailbox! It's so simple!!

Photo Credit: Norah Kate Thompson
My maxi dress from my August Fix.


You then go to your account and let your stylist know what you are keeping. I try to leave specific feedback too as to why I didn't keep something, or even why I did! It really helps the stylist fine tune your tastes/fit etc.  if something doesn't fit, you may be able to exchange it for a different size if they have it, free of charge!

The best part: if you keep all 5 items, you get a 25% discount!!!

It is fun, exciting and so easy!!!  It's also free to join :)

Use my referral link if you'd like to give it a try! Or even if you'd just like to see what it's all about: 


Leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts!!!

XO
Katie 



No comments:

Post a Comment