Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Counting my Blessings

So many of you know how bad I have wanted to be a stay at home mama from the time Norah Kate was born.  Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for the opportunity to work and to have chosen career path where jobs are plentiful.  However, my heart has always been at home with my babies.

I understand that not everyone has that "wish" to be a stay at home mom or wife, and that is ok (it does not make one a better mama than another) :)  BUT I do feel like God put it so strongly on my heart because that is where I am SUPPOSED to be.

Many of you also know that I started back school last March and will be DONE with my Master's in Nursing as a Family Nurse Practitioner in ELEVEN (11!!!!!!!!) short weeks.  How exciting?  It has been a LONG, challenging road to say the least.  I am very proud to have finished school while working (up until recently) and having two small children!

Some people are going to think I am crazy when they read what I am about to say.... but while I have been interviewing for jobs in my new career, I can't help but feel the stress of that internal struggle.  I am excited about advancing my career, but my wish and true desire is still to be home with my children.  I want so badly to be there for everything with them.  Yes, the money as a NP will be wonderful but the hours still long and demanding (and away from my sweet children).  

BUT God has heard my prayers and knows my heart.  A few months ago, I was introduced to something amazing and life changing.  The opportunities have been endless, and God has truly blessed me.  My wish of being able to stay at home is getting more reachable every day.  At first, it started as something to help make ends meet while I was not working to be in school/clinicals full time.  Now, though, I can see myself STAYING HOME (and hopefully in the near and foreseeable future) because of this!  This is so exciting for me, because honestly, staying at home has never even been an OPTION for me (not realistically or financially!!).

I am praying for God's guidance in my future and peace about my intended path.  I am so grateful for his continued blessings on my family during this time!

Jeremiah quote

No comments:

Post a Comment