Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Exciting News!


Weeks 4-6

I found out July 19 that I was going to be a mommy again!  I had taken two tests earlier in the week because I had been pretty tired and had that same familiar soreness in my boobs, but they were both negative.  Then I spotted on Thursday, the day I normally “start” so I figured I wasn’t.  (This really made me realize how people can go a while without realizing they are pregnant)  When Friday and Saturday rolled around and the spotting went away, I thought maybe I should test again.  It was one of those things where I really wasn’t expecting that second line, but there it came!  It was light, but it was there.

My mind probably had fifty different thoughts run through it before it all soaked in… “Oh my goodness, boy or girl, my hands will be full, how exciting!” Then a big smile broke out and I couldn’t contain my excitement.

This pregnancy was different in the fact that I couldn’t let my excitement overtake me and immediately begin Googl-ing baby clothes, furniture, and names.  I had another little one needing my attention J  I know Norah Kate will be a great big sister!  She knows just what to do with her baby dolls.  In fact, this month has been so weird because she picked out a baby doll at Target that she insisted on getting that said “Little Brother” and then one night when me and Matt were laying in bed she poked my belly and said “baby” that was definitely out of the ordinary!!  I think she definitely knew before I did!

How do I feel?

Great!  I actually was more tired the week or two before I tested.  When we were at Steinhatchee, it felt like all I wanted to do was sleep.  Now, though, I feel fine.  I am kinda used to a normal baseline level of exhaustion… but it definitely isn’t like it was with Norah Kate.  With her, it felt like I could sleep for days, I felt like a zombie.  I was working nightshift then though and I think that had a lot to do with it.  I have gotten nauseated twice, but it quickly went away with a snack and a carbonated drink or sweet tea.  I stayed nauseated with Norah Kate, I didn’t throw up but a handful of times, but all I could eat was watermelon, mac & cheese, fruit cups, and tomatoes.  This time, I truly don’t feel very different.  I think on most days I feel better than I have in a year!

Cravings?

Fruit (pineapple, blueberries, watermelon, strawberries, cantaloupe), Sweet Heat BBQ chips, FRIED CHICKEN with ketchup and hotsauce (I could eat this for every meal I think) and oatmeal.  I have fallen in love with the oatmeal at work- with brown sugar and strawberries and blueberries… yum!

Weight gain?

None… yet.  I know this will come quickly though.  I gained most of my weight in the first two trimesters with NK.  I already feel like I look bloated though.

Other noticeables?

Peeing all the time, thirsting for water, weird, weird dreams….

We can’t wait to welcome our little bundle of joy in March!!
 
 

1 comment: