Tuesday, October 29, 2013

18 Weeks- It's a....

BOY!!!!!



 

 

I went for my ultrasound on October 17 and they are 99% sure its a little boy!!  The ultrasound tech's words exactly, "I am pretty sure that isn't going anywhere!"
 
We are so ecstatic to be having one of each.  While I would have been tickled with another little girl, it would have been sweet for Norah Kate to have a sister... every daddy needs a son, and I would have been disappointed to Matt's sake. :)
 
We are still discussing names... Matt is so picky when it comes to naming our kids!
 
Everything looked good on the ultrasound but I will get a more detailed anatomy scan for my 20 week visit in November.  I can't wait to see him again!!
 
How is Mama feeling?  Great!  I am still running some, but mostly walking.  Honestly I have been so busy with work and school that I am lucky to exercise two days a week.  I need to do better.  I have much more energy than I did, but come 8:30 pm and I am ready for bed.  I have no nausea and am starving 90% of the time.  I still have random cravings but my favorite thing to eat is fruit and cottage cheese. 
Cravings: Yummy!  I also crave fried chicken and BBQ a lot and get hungry for greens about once a week. 
Clothes: I have just started wearing some maternity jeans because they are more comfortable, but I can still fit into my stretchy skinny jeans and most shirts/tops.  Fortunately the style is blouse-y tops, so they are plenty big enough to grow over my growing belly!  I have gained 4 pounds so far, and I know that the weight gain is about to start piling up!  I gained 25 with Norah Kate :)
 
Hip Pain: My only complaint right now is pain down my right hip and leg.  I have started going to a chiropractor and I am getting some relief.  He uses a mixed method of adjustments, massage therapy, and physical therapy.  He said it is sciatic nerve problems created by the way the pelvis tilts to make room for baby. I can see his massage therapist on Wednesday and it is covered by insurance!  Best thing ever!!  I had the pain with NK but it wasn't quite as bad... but I always wasn't toting around a 25lb two year old while I was pregnant with her.  I bought a pregnancy pillow, but unfortunately it isn't helping much.
 
That is honestly my ONLY complaint.  I have been blessed with another healthy pregnancy!!
 
Over the last 2 weeks I have felt like bubbles are popping in my belly.  However, this week, I am feeling those very family kicks and nudges.  They are getting stronger and stronger every day!  I love feeling him move around in there... it is such a comforting feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment