Saturday, August 15, 2015

August Stitch Fix Review


 
 
 
 
 
 
I received my second Stitch Fix and loved it!!

Here's what I got:
 
 

 
Item:  I loved the pattern in this Collective Concepts black and gold medallion blouse.  However, the gold straps kinda pinched my skin and pulled my hair (because it was a little chain like).  It also was a little big under the arms.
Opinion:  I liked it, but didn't LOVE it. It was cute by itself (especially with gold hoops, skinny jeans and black sandals), but I couldn't wear it to work and it did not look right with a cardigan over it.
Verdict: Returned.


 
Item: Margaret M Pencil Skirt.
Opinion: As soon as I pulled this one out of the box I loved it.  The patter, colors and everything.  You can't see from the picture very well, but it was navy with gold and burgundy undertones.  Very versatile.  I could wear it in the summer with a cream sleeveless blouse, dress it up with a neutral colored blazer, or soften the look in the winter with a cream sweater.  It looks amazing with flats or heels.  The length is perfect.
Verdict:  It was a bit snug.  I contacted StitchFix and they have it in the next size up.  I am exchanging it for the next size.  Kept!!
 
 
 
Item: Just Black Skinny Jean in Navy
Opinion:  If I would have looked at the price of these jeans before putting them on, I would have never tried them.  However, they fit like a GLOVE.  They were super stretching and felt like jeggings with a well-made look.  They are ankle length (I love that SF has petite sizes!!).  Let me just say again how comfortable and flattering they were.  I mean, hugged my curves just right!
Verdict: I would not normally pay the price for these jeans, but they are extremely comfy and I feel like I will get my wear out of them. Also, I haven't bought jeans in a long while.... Kept! (trying not to have buyers guilt with this one!)
 
 
Item: 41Hawthorn Pleated Blouse in Turquoise
Opinion: While this top fit good, and I loved the color and the fact that I could wear it year round with shorts, jeans, dress slacks, capris, skirts etc... Something about the neck line was kinda weird and I didn't just LOVE it enough to keep it.
Verdict: Returned.
 
 
Item: Gilli Maxi Dress
Opinion:  As soon as I laid my hands on this I knew it was a keeper unless it just plainly didn't fit right.  The fabric was SOOOOOOOO soft!!  I loved the way it has the t-shirt/jersey material at the top and the flowy/stretchy feel of the bottom.  I was very nervous about the length, because I usually can not buy maxis because they are a foot too long.  The length was perfect.  I am also obsessed with the top of this dress because it fit so well.  I am very small chested (thanks to breastfeeding x2....).  But the way this drapes over my boobs it very flattering.  The colors are also very "me." I love corals and turquoise.  I thought it would be great too in the fall with a jean jacket or tan blazer/cardigan, or even a tan leather jacket, with booties and clunky turquoise jewelry.
Verdict:  If you can't tell from my description, this one was a keeper. :)
 
PS: I wore this dress yesterday and received a ton of compliments!  Thanks StitchFix (or Hannah, my stylist)!
 
 
Overall, I was very excited to see the items   in my second Stitch Fix. I love the excitement of seeing new stuff every month or so. Its also so cool to have clothes/items that not everyone else has. Not to mention, Stitch Fix has some great quality stuff and the texture of their fabrics is so soft, comfy and amazing! Even if I don't keep but one or two things, I think it is overall fun just to try on and see what my stylist puts together. I also love that I do have an opinion in what I receive.

If you'd like to try out Stitch Fix for yourself click here.

I hope to see a denim vest in my next fix and maybe some cute jewelry pieces!

If you missed my first post of the Stitch Fix rundown, for more details click here!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Be on the look out for another review in about a month!
 
XO
Katie 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment