Tuesday, June 5, 2012

*5 Months Old*

My sweet, sweet Norah Kate... How is it even possible that you are five months old already!  I thought I just came home with you from the hospital?



These past five months have been the absolute best of my life!

I am impressed with how much you change daily and the new things you are learning.

Here is an update on my precious sugarbean...

What she likes:

Rice cereal... mmm. mmm. mmm.  She gets three tablespoons mixed with my breastmilk once a day.  She likes it thinner and soupy. When it is too thick she gags on it.  Sometimes she wants to feed herself and we end up with rice cereal all over me, her, Hoss, the floor, everywhere!
Talkin'.  She is her mama's child.  She talks and talks.  She has really found her voice and will squeal, talk, and hum.  It is truly the sweetest sound.
For her daddy to get her out of her pack and play in the mornings.  Usually, I let Matt get her out of her pack and play first thing.  That is "his" thing.  She is always so happy to see him and smiles so big.  We usually put her in bed with us and cuddle for a little while before I get up and nurse her.

Rolling on the floor.  We were somewhere last weekend and she was about to have a fit to get down!  She is so used to laying on her pallet at home.  (We just bought a rug today to the poor thing would have to roll on the wood floors!)  I guess I am going to have to start carrying a blanket with us to lay on the floor when we are visiting places too!  She can entertain herself for hours as long as I have her on the blanket with some of her toys!

Standing up.  She loves to be pulled up into a standing position... it gets her tickle box turned over every time. 

Her sippee cup.  I bought a training one with handles and a bottle nipple on it.  I will put some nursery water in it and maybe a little apple juice and she loves it!  She more or less chews on the nipple, but I think it makes her feel like a big girl.



Dislikes:


Up until two or three days ago she hated being on her tummy.  She could roll over from her back to her stomach, and she would get mad.  Now we now how to roll from back to stomach and back again... She is on the move!

Being sleepy.  You haven't seen ill until you have seen my sleepy baby.... Whew... She is a force to be reckoned with!  She has started this new thing of really fighting sleep.  She will shake her head from side to side to wake herself up when she starts to fall asleep.  I am hoping to really get her on a better nap schedule!

 

What else are we up to?

  • She is rolling all over the place.
  • She can almost sit up. 
  • We have tried avacados (like), sweet potatoes (dislike) and bananas (like).  I am making all of her baby food right now. It is actually easier and prompts me to buy and cook healthy foods for me and Matt too!
  • No teeth yet, but boy are we working on them.
  • Size 3!!! diapers.
  • Size 6 month clothes (we are actually fitting into some 9 months too!!)
  • Talking, laughing, "mmmm," "ddddd," loud, ear piercing, squeals :)
  • Pinching (This I am not so impressed with!)  She isn't doing it to be hateful, she is just exploring but man it hurts!!
  • Sleeping on her tummy in her pack and play... I guess this is okay?  I put her on her back, but lately she has been rolling on her stomach to sleep.  It makes me kinda nervous.
  • She is still sleeping in our room.  I am not quite ready to make the change.
  • Trying to get Hoss... poor thing, he is just too tempting to her.  He is probably going to put himself into hiding when she starts toddling!
  • Noticing everyone and everything.  She is into grabbing peoples faces.  She will grab your face and give you "sugar."  It is sweet.... until those little nails scrape your skin... eek!
  • I am still nursing her on demand... but I am trying to stretch our feedings to every 4 hours during the day... sometimes we can, sometimes we can't.

Norah Kate's schedule (roughly; on most days)

  • Wake up at 6:00-7:00am and nurse
  • Go back to sleep in about 30 mins to an hour until 10:00 or 11:00am, wake up and nurse
  • Another nap at 12:00pm
  • Wake up at 1:00 or 2:00pm
  • Nurse at about 3:00pm
  • Play
  • Cereal/Veggie at 7:00pm
  • Bath, nursie, bed by 8:00-9:00pm
  • The early she wakes up the earlier she goes to bed, the earlier she goes to bed, the earlier she wakes up.  Sometimes I don't mind her staying up until 10 or so, because then I might get to sleep in until 8am :)
I can't wait to see what this next month holds for us sweet girl!  You suprise me every day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment