Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Old & Senile

I have a funny story for you guys and gals...

Today I went to Walmart, which is my most favorite place to go in the entire world. (Not!)  In fact, I despise it so much that it has been three weeks since I have been to the grocery store.  The only reason I went today was because we had nothing in the pantry... no cereal, bread, lunch meat, milk...   I choose Walmart over anything else because it is just easier to go ahead and finish all my shopping in one place.  I have learned that by stretching my shopping trips to every 2-3 weeks I save a ton of money.  When I was going weekly I would always come home with extra stuff that wasn't necessary every time; usually spending an extra $50-$75 on "stuff".

Anyhow, my child was an ANGEL throughout the entire trip.  She fell asleep midway through and didn't start fussing until we were checking out.

When I finished, I put her in the car and was loading my trunk with the groceries.  All of a sudden, my car rocked.  I thought to myself, "Surely she isn't kicking hard enough to rock the car?"  So I peek on her and she is fine.  In the meantime, an old lady (probably close to 80 or so) in the parking spot in front of me rolled down the window in her van.  "Sorry honey!  I bumped ya!"  Haha!  You think?  You knocked the stew out of my car.  Of course, I just smiled and waved my hand... "It's alright.  I just didn't know what happened."   She told me, "I just hate it when my back end is sticking out.  I wanted to pull up far enough."  Well, believe me ma'm, I think you did....

Her and her husband get on out, come and get my buggy from me, and stroll in Walmart like nothing ever happened.  I couldn't help but laugh and shake my head, because one day I am gonna be old and senile too.  Luckily my car wasn't damaged, and really no harm was done.

It's no wonder they have lived that long.  I guess they have learned not to sweat the small stuff.  I pray I get more wisdom and patience with age :)

I thought about my other Walmart incident that happened a few months back.  Haha, luckily it wasn't that woman in the Mustang whose car she "bumped."

No comments:

Post a Comment