Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Blue Ridge, GA

October 13-16th my mama was on Fall Break so we started planning a few months ago to go north and see the leaves.  When I was younger we used to go to the mountains EVERY fall.  Fall is my absolutely my most favorite time of year.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors, the weather, the food... everything about it.
 
The leaves were perfect!  So pretty!

Mama, Daddy, Norah Kate, and I all piled up in Daddy's truck and went north. This was Norah Kate's first road trip north. We went south all summer. We went to Blue Ridge, GA and the weather was perfect!
 

This was the bear at the cabin.  Norah Kate loved it!  She kept calling it a "dog" though!



 As always, my little road tripper traveled very well! We stopped once on the way up and once on the way back for her to stretch her legs and take a break from her car seat. About a week before the trip, I switched her carseat to a covertible car seat. It is much more cozy with more room for her to grow. She is still rear facing though!



 






As always, my little road tripper traveled very well!  We stopped once on the way up and once on the way back for her to stretch her legs and take a break from her car seat.  About a week before the trip, I switched her carseat to a covertible car seat.  It is much more cozy with more room for her to grow.  She is still rear facing though!

One of our little pit stops for some leg stretchin'
 
Blue Ridge is a small little town.  They have a cute downtown and is home to the best fudge I have ever eaten! Three Sister's Fudge is a small little fudge shop with about 12 different fudges to choose from.  But, oh. my. gosh. it was melt in your mouth good!  We stopped by Tuesday on our way out to buy more...(embarrased to admit this!)... but they were closed!

We had a great time!  I wish Matt could have came with us.  Norah Kate was an angel.  She slept with me from about 3:00 every morning and woke up earlier than normal... but overall was very good.

Our God is truly a wonderful artist!  Isn't this beautiful??

No comments:

Post a Comment