Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Third Trimester

Since I am a little behind on my blogging, I will just compile my third trimester in one blog post.

Overall, I had a wonderful pregnancy.  I felt great and pretty well kept my energy levels and health all the way through.  It was challenging sometimes though caring for a 2 year old (carrying, bathing, dressing, hauling) with my big ole pregnant belly :) 

The only "complication" so to say was when I was 33 weeks.  I had laid down for a nap while NK was napping and when I woke up my back hurt. I figured it was the way I slept and that maybe a walk would kinda "work the kinks out."  I started walking with my friend Amanda at her house.  About half way through the walk I started cramping and would feel sharp pangs of pressure "down there."  My cramps were not intense like contractions at all, very mild with no rhythm or pattern at all.  However, I called my OB just to be safe and they wanted me to come on in.

They hooked me up to the monitor and luckily I was not having contractions.  I also hadn't dilated or thinned any but his head was already "engaged" and my cervix was posterior so they put me on bedrest for a week just to be safe.

Let me just say that bedrest with a two year old was IMPOSSIBLE.  I tried to do as little as possible though and rest (or at least stay off my feet as much as I could).  I still continued to hurt some in my back and feel lots of pressure, sometimes it felt like I could just sneeze and he would pop out (not that easy mind you!) and it remained that way until the end!  My cervix never changed though, not until the last couple weeks then it only changed slightly.

I started back walking after they released me from bed rest and started back working 2 days a week.  I probably could have worked 3 days, but I didn't want to push it and by this point tending to Norah Kate was getting harder.

When I turned 37 weeks, I began exercising again... mainly just doing 30 minutes on the elliptical.  I was still feeling lots of pressure and started having frequent Braxton Hicks that would often get regular.  I was only 1 cm dilated and not making much progress.

I had an ultrasound at 36 weeks and Little Man was measuring perfectly!  They guessed his weight at 6lbs 1oz then.  I had another ultrasound at 38 weeks and 5 days, the Tuesday before going to the hospital and they guessed his weight 7lbs 4 oz.  Again, measuring perfectly, but smaller than Miss Norah Kate :)

34 Weeks
 


36 weeks

37 weeks!


I may or may not have laid out just a few days before being induced!

 
38 weeks!
 

 A couple weeks before being induced and right up to being admitted to the hospital I was having a lot of anxiety.  It wasn't that I was having doubts or regrets, mainly I was just very nervous about delivery and having another newborn in the house.  I started worrying about my capability to be a mother to TWO precious blessings.  I worried about Norah Kate and ensuring that she was still a priority and that she didn't feel left out.  Needless to say, up until the day I was induced I was pretty well a nervous wreck those last few days!

39 weeks!  On the way to the hospital to meet Baby Grant!

I went in to be induced Wednesday March 19 (really March 20 @ midnight) and they started the induction process!

No comments:

Post a Comment