Wednesday, April 18, 2012

He's There, If We Would Just Listen

Anyone who knows me, or has been reading my blog, knows I have been frustrated with going back to work.  I think the two reasons it has been tough on me is 1.) I am selfish and stingy with my baby... I want to be with her 24/7 and 2.) My workplace has made lots of cuts and changes including layoffs and pay cuts which has been discouraging.

Each weekend has been tougher and tougher and this past weekend I was bound and determined to find another way to make ends meet around the house until I got to doing my Bible study last night.

I started going to Bible study this week on Monday nights and the title/theme of our study is "The Frazzled Female."  (Perfect for this time of my life between being a new mommy and adjusting to going back to work.)  I told myself I wasn't going to blog about my study and learnings... that I was going to just let it be a private thing between me and God.  But this just hit me too hard not to share.

Anyways... this week's topic is about having a Positive Attitude.  Aaah Haa!  That's my problem.  I realized as soon as I read the scripture.  I am normally a really positive person, but I became Negative Nancy the moment I got the letter in the mail about the changes that the workplace made... and the problem just escalated from there.  I was ill and complaining about everything.


"Pleasant words are a honeycomb; sweet to the soul and healing to the bones" Proverbs 16:24


Above is the memory verse for this week.  Thank you God for speaking (wait, no, SHOUTING,) to me!  I heard you!  I serve an amazing God... He knew just what I needed and gave it to me in my Bible study this week!  I plan to work on getting my positive attitude back, and I am already feeling better :)

I never really thought about it, but it is sinful for us to be negative about the things God puts in our life.  He puts us in these situations for a reason, and we should not question or doubt Him.  We should have full and total faith and trust in Him and know that He is watching out for our well-being.(How could we not feel secure, knowing that Jesus has our back??)

I can't wait to see what the rest of the week has in store for me, I know it will be a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment