Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What Am I Thinking?

Starting March 4 my life as I know it will be changing.  Yep, you are looking at one of the newest students at Walden University.  My books came in the mail last week and we paid for my classes a few days ago. Yikes!  I am a bundle of nerves and this could possibly be the hardest, longest 18 months I have had to endure yet.  I am ready though.... for it to be over. Haha!

Walden University is an accredited online school. I am enrolled in their Family Nurse Practitioner program. I should complete the program in 18 months by going full-time. I took a Pathophysiology class a few summers ago while I was pregnant with Norah Kate and luckily those credits transfer! Yay! That saves me a little time and money. Also, I can arrange for all of my clinicals to take place locally. I plan to keep on working for now... we will play it by ear and see how the next few months go.

I don't know if I am quite ready to be back in student mode, especially with a husband, a toddler, and a full time job.  When I was going to my Bachelor's it was a completely different story... no husband, no baby... just a boyfriend and a 10-12 hour/week part-time job.  I am really nervous about how I am going to balance it all, but I have always been pretty motivated and when I set goals I accomplish them.
 
My Goals for Graduate School:

#1 Don't lose my mind.  I must somehow maintiain my sanity through this.

#2 NOTHING comes before Norah Kate.  She is my number 1 priority and it is essential that I don't let anything take away this precious time with her.  She is already growing to fast.  Even if that means waking up early or staying up late to do schoolwork.

#3 Not go in major debt by taking out tons of student loans.

#4 Finish.  Even when it gets tough, when I want to quit, when I want to throw my laptop and books out the window.  I can't.  We have already invested money, so I have to finish.  It's what is best for our family.

Really though, I am excited.  I am looking forward to what my future will hold.  I have always loved learning and have always loved being a student.  This time I just have a couple other obligations and priorities to go along with it.  People do it everyday though, with jobs, husbands, kids...  If it is anything like that last 18 months, the next 18 months with FLY by.

#bringiton


No comments:

Post a Comment