Sunday, April 15, 2018

Grant: 2 years old

Now that Brown Boy is two I feel like I officially have a toddler and a preschooler!!! When did this happen?  I know I say this every blog post, but it seems like yesterday I was carrying him in my baby k'tan and toting NK on the other hip.

Grant is definitely growing!! He is still in diapers and I am in no rush to potty train. He is in size 4 diapers, 18 month pants (due to length!!) and 2t shirts. He wears a size 6 (WIDE) shoe.  He sleeps through the night : most of the time : in our bed (duh!).  He still has his "bur"'(aka paci) but is using it less and less. He can have it in the car and at nap/bedtime. He isn't allowed to take it outside, to school, or inside stores etc. I let him have it in the evenings before bed when he is fussy. My goal is to have it gone in a few months!

He loves all things boy. Tractors, trucks, balls, blocks. He has several stuffed animals and he usually carries at least one of them to school each day. Right now our favorites are a webkinz kitty cat, tiger, and Nick off of Zootopia.  He loves paw patrol. We watch it every morning on the way to school.  We also have a matchbox car (TowMater and Lightening McQueen being our favorites) at any given time. He wears his John Deere hat backwards.

He had his 2 year check up and weighed 26 pounds.  

Grant is starting to talk more and more. He learns new words every day. We are working in our colors. He knows all of his body parts and animal noises.  In the last few weeks he has started putting more words together to make small sentences. (Mamas phone. Bad kitty. Go outside. Daddy's truck etc.)

He still cries a lot when I leave him, at daycare, but NK is still clingy too. I don't know when or if they will grow out of that but that's ok. 
He still sticks his hand down my shirt when he is sleepy or nervous.  When he gives kisses or hugs he squeezes your face or neck tight. (It is the best little feeling ever.)

We had a cowboy birthday party for him and it turned out so cute!!














Grant, 
These last two years have been awesome with you a part of them!! You are all boy ( and a mamas boy!) and I love that.  You are smart and watch everything Sister does.  You have this way of scrunching your nose up and showing all your teeth and it melts my heart everytime.   You are my Turkey, Brown Boy, Bubba.  I am soaking up every moment of watching you grow up big!!  You don't have to do it quite so fast though!!  

I love you a Bushel and a peck!
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment