Thursday, March 1, 2012

2 Month Check Up

This week has been full of doctors visits for us!  Monday, I had to get my teeth cleaned, Tuesday I had my 6 week check up (even though it was 2 weeks late), and yesterday we had our 2 month check up!  Norah Kate was such a good girl!  I don't know how I am the lucky mama that has the well-behaved baby in the waiting rooms.  She slept through both appointments Monday and Tuesday. 

I was only 10 minutes late for all three apointments which is a huge improvement.  I am getting better with this whole getting out of the house thing.  It still frazzles my nerves a little bit though, by the time I get to where I am going I am usually a little on edge.  To get me ready, her ready, pump or nurse before we leave, make sure the diaper bag is stocked, takes a lot of pre-planning/time.  Half of the time I am leaving the house with wet hair, no make up, no jewelry, and only half matching... No one is looking at me anyways (which is just fine!) not with that pretty little girl in the picture, and she is always dressed like a model. 

At the office yesterday, she weighed 11lbs 4 ounces and was 23 inches long.  She was in the 62nd percentile for weight and 72nd percentile for height.  I am so proud of her.  We are following the growth chart to a "T"!  She is also meeting/exceeding all of her developmental milestones, not to brag or anything :)



She got two shots and did her "for real" cry... you know the one with real tears and crying so hard no noise is coming out.  I now know the true meaning of "this hurts me worse than it hurts you."  If I could have taken the hurt away, I would have in a heartbeat.  It was heartbreaking to see my baby hurting.  She quit crying right after the shots, but it was later that we had a tough time. 

Norah Kate went to sleep before we even left the doctors office and slept while we went shopping.  Because she was such a good girl we had to go get a prize.  She got two pretty little smocked dresses for the spring, a pretty bow for her hair, and a play center for the floor.  I know, I know, I am ruining her already... but you know what... I don't care.

When we got home, while we were changing a diaper, she was really sore.  She would scream everytime she kicked her feet... then she would get mad and kick her feet even more.  I wanted to cry with her.  I finally swaddled her up and just rocked her.  I felt so bad for her, she didn't get put down until later that night when she was feeling better.  My mama rocked her while I unloaded groceries, my mother-in-law rocked her while I went for my run, and Matt came home and rocked her while I cooked supper.  She got lots and lots of love yesterday.  I kept Tylenol in her system and gave her a warm bath before bed.  She seemed to feel much better before bedtime and was even smiling and laughing before the night was over. 

Today, I have my happy baby back.  It's amazing to me how much I love that little smile.  Every time she smiles or laugh, I literally get a little teary-eyed, it feels like someone is directly hugging my heart.  Haha, if she gets me figured out by toddlerhood, I am going to be up the creek, so to say.  What's the point of having babies if you can't spoil them though?  I don't want her to be bratty by no means, but I want her to feel the love.  I didn't hear "no" very much growing up, and I turned out ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment