Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Shopping with Mommy

I have figured out that my shopping experiences will never be the same.  First of all, clothes just don't fit the same as they used to.  I was ticky before about what I wore, now if I find something it isn't likely that it is going to fit like I want it to.  I miss my maternity clothes!!  I loved showing off my baby bump... now I have bumps that I am trying camoflauge!  Also, when picking out something to wear, I have to think about comfort... I don't have time to be fighting with sleeves, straps, or strings along with an infant.

Fortunately, during our trip to the mall she slept the whole time!  I know I will not always be so lucky :)  However, there were other incidences that made the trip challenging, starting when we first got to the parking lot.  I had gotten her stroller out of my trunk and was leaning in the car to get her carseat out.  I hear someone talking to me, "Ma'am... excuse me ma'am... your stroller is rolling down the hill."  Oh no!!  I look up to see my stroller rolling away down the parking lot.  Talk about embarassment!  I was mortified.  Thank God poor little Norah Kate wasn't in it!  Lesson number one, ALWAYS lock the wheels to the stroller.  I will NEVER forget that one!  On the other hand... there was a group of girls walking and they were like "Oh my gosh, look, there goes a stroller."  Seriously, help a girl out!  Don't just stand there!

Next is the dressing room and bathroom issue, even the handicap stalls are almost too small for me and the stroller.  Not to mention the manuevering in between clothes racks.  If I had a nickel for every time I bumped the stroller into something I would have been one rich lady!

The other issue, strangers wanting to touch my baby.  Ew. Gross.  Please keep your hands away from and off my stroller.  What is  your cold could be pneumonia for her little baby immune system.  I love it how people say, "I would take a closer peek, but I have this cold, I think it might be the flu."  Ummm no, please don't.  I really want to just take the stroller and run.  There was one lady who was talking about how she has had this funk for over a month and has been on antibiotics and yadayada... I literally kept side stepping between her and the stroller.  Thank you and have a great day.

I also have a new appreciation for automatic doors.  Have you ever tried to hold open a heavy door and push the stroller through?  Maybe there is a trick to it that I haven't figured out yet.

I was glad Norah Kate slept through her first mall experience.  I don't think I could have handled her giving me those looks with her eyebrows raised, "Mommy, what are you doing to me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment